Latest Posts -

Wonderfully Wicked ReadAThon Challenge


#WWReadathon
 Hey How is everyone's reading coming? Ok. As promised here is my lovely challenge!

The Challenge

I was having some issues finding my own challenge, so this one is from Michelle at Book Briefs. Its quite simple and super fun!!! Thanks to April at Shelf Confessions for helping me construct it.

For this challenge you will be making one sentence using only book titles. You cant add or leave out any words. You can use as many books as you'd like. Your sentence will probably be silly but that makes it even more fun! Just make sure its a real sentence. Subject & Verb! Here is my example:

A beautiful, dark witch song crossed the haunted, wicked woods.
Wow! that sentence sounds scary...sort of like youre lost in the woods...then you start hearing things.. :/ Here are my books:



Woo not too hard huh? If you have a blog, you can make a post with your sentence and book covers then link it in the comments. If you dont have a blog, just add your sentence to the comments then list the book titles and authors you used! Also, since our event here has a twitter tag, as a extra entry, tweet your sentence with the tag (#WWReadathon) and url to this post then add a direct link to your tweet in a seperate comment!

This challenge is TIMED!! Yes thats right...you will only have a few hours to complete this and get your entries in! The challenge starts at 4pm est and will end at 10 pm est. That gives you 6 hours. I will choose the winner promptly at 10:15 pm!! If you are having trouble please feel free to tweet me at @Alove4Lit !

Prizes

We will have 1 winner that will be chosen randomly from everyone who completes the challenge. The winner will get to choose one paranormal/supernatural/horror book of their choice from Book Depository.

**For more info on the Wonderfully Wicked ReadAThon and a schedule of events, Check out Aprils post over at Shelf Confessions.**

Here is the Signups for the Prize Packs:




Oh and before i forget, if you want to follow along on twitter, try going using TweetChat at http://t.co/8rnINl1L I found it to be soo easy!

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2011

Share this Post :

+ comments + 37 comments

October 21, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Thanks so much for rocking this challenge out! We definitely appreciate it :D

April @ My Shelf Confessions

October 21, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Peering through the mist, the murderer's daughters saw through a glass a darkly, the Book of Air and Shadows.

The Murderer's Daughters, Peering Through the mist, Saw, Through A Glass Darkly, The Book of Air and Shadows.

LindseyAylward@yahoo.com
http://www.babiesbooksandsigns.com/2011/10/wonderfully-wicked-read-thon-challenge.html

October 21, 2011 at 3:47 PM

I love this mini-challenge. Here is mine: http://bit.ly/nz9SEP I realized I used one of the same books as you, but it wasn't on purpose I swear.

I love everyone else's sentences too. A new form of poetry!

October 21, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Violet and Claire shiver: winter's end.

Violet and Claire by Francesca Lia Block
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Winter's End by Jean-Claude Mourlevat

Bekka
prettydeadlyreviews(at)yahoo(dot)com

October 21, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Great sentence! This was sooooo much fun :)

Mine can be found here

October 21, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Deep Kiss of Winter Into the Dark Touch If you dare the sun witch

Deep Kiss of Winter - Gena Showalter and Kresley Cole
INto the Dark - Gena Showalter
Touch If you Dare - Stephaine Rowe
The Sun Witch - Linda Winstead Jones

meandi09@yahoo.com

October 21, 2011 at 4:20 PM

This was so much fun!!
Here's my entry:

http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/10/wonderfully-wicked-read-thon-challenge.html

October 21, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Here is my entry! This was awesome. Thanks!

http://www.thewindypages.com/2011/10/wonderfully-wicked-read-thon-october-21.html

October 21, 2011 at 4:52 PM

The lost girls immortal hourglass, unfrozen at graves end.


What a challenge okay so my books
The Lost Girls by Allan Moore
Immortal by Gillian Shield
Hourglass by Claudia Gray
At Graves End by Jeaniene Frost

October 21, 2011 at 4:55 PM

and my direct twitter link (sorry if I did this wrong) http://twitter.com/#!/DBookWhore/status/127502995570176000

October 21, 2011 at 5:15 PM

This was so much fun!

You can find my sentence on my blog HERE

:) Aeicha
wordspelunker(at)gmail(dot)com

October 21, 2011 at 5:15 PM

I tweeted about this challenge and my sentence here:

https://twitter.com/#!/WordSpelunker/status/127507726694752256

:) Aeicha

October 21, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Anna dressed in blood haunted The Iron Queen forever.

Anna Dressed In Blood - Kendare Blake
Haunted - PC Cast
The Iron Queen - Julie Kagawa
Forever - Maggie Stiefvater

- Beckie

ChiKittie(at)gmail(dot)com

October 21, 2011 at 5:39 PM

I posted my sentence on Twitter as well -

http://twitter.com/#!/SyCo4Twilight/status/127514008847790081

- Beckie
ChiKittie(at)gmail(dot)com

October 21, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Nice challenge
here's my entry:
http://kingdomofthenight.blogspot.com/2011/10/read-thon-for-this-challenge-you-will.html

October 21, 2011 at 6:14 PM

my tweet:

https://twitter.com/#!/PandoraSWolf/status/127523000676397056

October 21, 2011 at 6:23 PM

The dark mirror haunting Violet shattered. Unleashed, beautiful creatures illuminated the darkest night.

The Dark Mirror by Juliat Marillier
Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey
Shattered by C.K. Bailey
Unleashed by Kristopher Reisz
Beautiful Creatures Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Illuminated by Erica Orloff
The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter

jen7waters at gmail dot com

:)

October 21, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Wow my eyes are bugging a little at your AMAZING sentences!! Every one is crazy creative! Were halfway thur..about 2.5 hours let!! Good luck to everyone!

October 21, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Fun challenge! Oh boy, here's mine..

My sentence

October 21, 2011 at 6:47 PM

My answer can be found here.

Thanks for hosting the challenge!

October 21, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Here is my blog post:

http://bookbriefs.blogspot.com/2011/10/wwreadathon-day-1.html

Thanks it was really fun! :)

chelle2006 @ aol.com

@bookbriefs

October 21, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Thanks for the challenge! Here is the link to my blog and our sentence: http://hookofabook.wordpress.com/2011/10/21/509/

I also put on Facebook, www.facebook.com/almehairierin

And Twitter, where I am @ErinAlMehairi

Feel free to add or follow too.

www.hookofabook.wordpress.com

October 21, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Thanks for the challenge. Here is the link to my answer: http://www.lisasworldofbooks.net/?p=2894

On twitter @lmm831

October 21, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Can I still enter, not sure the times muddled: I live Australia.

Anyway heres mine:

Dancing in the dark, a straight line to my heart,
You don't have to say you love me and then things fall apart...

October 21, 2011 at 7:18 PM

here is my tweet @bookbriefs

http://twitter.com/#!/BookBriefs/status/127531488643256320

October 21, 2011 at 7:56 PM

I left out a book on my Unfrozen by Susan Franceschina sorry haha

October 21, 2011 at 7:57 PM

"Once a witch Saw The Iron Queen Captivate Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Beneath a Mountain Moon."

Once a Witch by Carolyn McCullough
Saw by Steve Katz
The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Captivate by Carrie Jones
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Beneath a Mountain Moon by Silver Ravenwolf

Or Perhaps...

"Dracula, in love, Prized The Near Witch With A Need So Beautiful; A Hunger Like No Other."

Dracula In Love by Karen Essex
Prized by Caragh M. O'Brien
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
With by Donald Harington
A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young
A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole

October 21, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I'm #92 on the Linky. Here is my entry and my twitter post was submitted under @WickedlyBookish

http://theindecisivebookangel.blogspot.com/2011/10/ww-read-thon-title-challenge.html

October 21, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Thanks for entering Jess. Your tweet counts as a second entry, so this will be your second entry.

October 21, 2011 at 8:53 PM

I don't know if mine makes any sense:
Up on the house top, fresh off the boat blue bloods saving Juliet; when lighting strikes.

October 21, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Boy, I'm under the wire! Here's mine:

http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2011/10/read-thon-updates.html

Thanks!
truebookaddictATgmailDOTcom

October 21, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Aww man! My phones is dying!! I'm out eating (its my 1 year anniversary) I will choose the winner as soon as I get to a wall outlet...lol!

October 22, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Congrats to #19! She's our winner.

October 22, 2011 at 1:48 AM

I´m late but I was waiting so late for this yesterday and then I had to go to bed! I guess the time differences was a bit of a problem for me to able to enter this challenge! Since I am before you in time :P
but here is mine anyway!
http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com/search/label/Read-a-Thon

October 22, 2011 at 1:51 AM

Shucks missed it - was too busy reading
Pabkins @ Mission to Read

October 22, 2011 at 8:05 AM

I won?! :o *dances around the room*

Thank you! This was a great challenge :D

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved