Latest Posts -

Indie Interview: Brea Essex

Brea Essex
1. What book inspired you most before you became a writer yourself?
Daughter of the Lion by Jennifer Roberson. It's actually the sixth book in a series of eight, but the main character, Keely, has always been an inspiration to me. Jennifer Roberson has been my favorite author since I was in seventh grade.

2. First book you ever remember reading?
Probably a Nancy Drew book. I read a ton of those when I was little.

3. How do you pick your character's names?
A variety of ways. Sometimes they just come to me. Sometimes I pull names from favorite books or shows. Usually I use baby naming websites, or the Social Security Name Index's list of popular names. Occasionally I use name generators. It can take a while to find the perfect name, but it's always there.

4. Name an excellent indie book that you think needs more recognition.
Anything by Megg Jensen, Allie Burke, or Thomas Amo. All three are excellent authors.

5. Share some quotes you love! Either from your book or someone else's!
My favorite quote from my book is: “Do not be controlled by your fear of the future. You will only create a negative reality for yourself.”

Other favorites:
“Being terrified but going ahead and doing what must be done—that's courage. The one who feels no fear is a fool, and the one who lets fear rule him is a coward.”
― Piers Anthony, Castle Roogna

"Ambition is like Tinkerbell--when you stop believing, it dies." --Tad Williams

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.”
― Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Share this Post :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved