Latest Posts -

Indie Interview: K.C. King

K. C. King

1. What book inspired you most before you became a writer yourself?
That is a tough, tough question! So many books have inspired me for different reasons, but if I had to choose one it would be Pride and Prejudice. I adore that book. If I could dimension hop, it would be to Austen's 19th Century England.

2. First book you ever remember reading?
Oh, it would've been a Little Golden Book for sure. I had a whole shelf of them when I was really young. The Poky Little Puppy seems to stand out!

3. How do you pick your character's names?
I have no set method - Some I make up, some I base on friends' names, and the rest are usually baby names I used to like, but have since ruled out.

4. Name an excellent indie book that you think needs more recognition.
The Ylem by Tatiana Vila. I loved it. I like it when stories build and then you get about halfway and suddenly you cannot put it down. The Ylem was like that for me. I've also heard great things about HD Gordon's Blood Warrior. It is at the top of my TBR pile.

5. Share some quotes you love! Either from your book or someone else's!
"Yes, you know enough of my frankness to believe me capable of that. After abusing you so abominably to your face, I could have no scruple in abusing you to all your relations." --Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice.

"My vision blurred dangerously as I swung precariously between the extreme urges to faint and slap someone." --K.C. King, Anomaly

Posted on Saturday, February 4, 2012

Share this Post :

+ comments + 1 comments

February 6, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Loving her books!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved