Latest Posts -

Author of the Day: Heather Hildenbrand


Heather Hildenbrand
Heather Hildenbrand was born and raised in a small town in northern Virginia where she was homeschooled through high school. She now lives in coastal VA, a few miles from the Atlantic Ocean, with her two adorable children. She works from home, part time, as a property manager and when she's not furiously pounding at the keyboard, or staring off into space whilst plotting a new story, she's lying on the beach, soaking in those delicious, pre-cancerous rays.

Heather loves Mexican food, hates socks with sandals, and if her house was on fire, the one thing she'd grab is her DVR player.

Heather is a co-founder of Accendo Press, a publishing group she operates with fellow authors: Angeline Kace and Jennifer Sommersby. Accendo (a-CH-endo), A Latin word, means “to kindle, illuminate, inflame, or set fire.” This is something Accendo strives to do inside a reader’s imagination with every title released. For a complete list of titles and author bios, visit www.accendopress.com.
Heather Around the Web:   Goodreads  |  Website  | Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Newsletter



     The Books     
Whisper. The Cherokee believe when a person dies, their soul is reborn. Life is repeated. An endless cycle of lessons to be learned, love to be found, destiny to be fulfilled. For the past six months, in every flower, every bird, I’ve imagined my parents, relieved of their human forms.

Now, after five months at the Skye View Wellness Center, it was summer. A time for parties and friends, but that’s the last thing I want to do. So when my best friend Erin convinces me to attend a bonfire at Eagle Point, I can’t handle the crowd full of sympathetic stares or drunken class clowns who would use my tragedy as a way into my heart – or my pants. The solitude of the woods offers an escape, until I stumble upon a boy, unconscious and bleeding, his pockets stuffed not with identification but with poetry illustrating the beauty of dying. I’ve seen enough death. I will not leave this boy’s side.

Even after he wakes, when the only thing he can remember are visions of events that haven’t happened yet…

          

Dreamkiller Saga. They call her the DreamKiller.

Silent, stealthy, and above all, accurate, as long as she carries out exactly what her dreams predict. Marlena Gormand kills to protect. Herself. Her way of life. The children at Little Hearts Orphanage. Until she learns these are not the reasons she’s been asked to kill. Not at all.

Azura Mkesky is the headmistress of Little Hearts Orphanage and the only parent-figure Marlena remembers. Azura taught Marlena everything she knows, from her combat skills to her unswerving loyalty to their cause. And Azura has always been there for her. But Azura has a secret. One that she’s used and manipulated Marlena and everyone else in order to protect.

Lukas Hristov knows Azura’s heart is dark—from both personal experience and the visions provided by his Sight. For too long, he’s stood aside while Azura’s reach of power and deception expands. When he can take it no longer and emerges from the shadows, he comes face to face with Marlena. For him, she is where it began. And she is where it ends. He is determined to make this right, to make her believe the truth.

And as the story unravels, Marlena begins to question whose secrets her dreams really protect.

          

I killed a girl last night. I did it with my bare hands and an old piece of pipe I found lying next to the dumpster. But that’s not the part that got me. The part that scared me, the part I can’t seem to wrap my head around and still has me reeling, was that when she charged me, her body shifted – and then she was a wolf. All snapping teeth and extended claws. But by the time I stood over her lifeless body, she was a girl again. That’s about the time I went into shock… And that was the moment he showed up.

Now, all I can do is accept the truths that are staring me in the face. One, Werewolves do exist. And Two, I was born to kill them.
See all books on Goodreads



--
With love,
Margaret

Twitter  |  Goodreads  |  Facebook  |  Google+  |  Pinterest 

Posted on Friday, February 15, 2013

Share this Post :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved