A lot of the times, it's not that your book is bad, it's just that not enough people know that it exists yet! In order to get maximum exposure, i wrote a little checklist that i would use if i were publishing a book!
- First, you want to be sure you write a awesome synopsis as well as a great series synopsis (if its in a series).
- Next, be sure your cover is stellar! You don't necessarily have to hire someone to make a good looking cover, try it yourself a few times. Then hire, if they just aren't showing your work good enough.
- Lastly, Be sure you have a great author biography to go along with your book!
Once you have these, you are pretty much set on the book end and are ready to submit to as many sites as will accept your book. Sites I would Suggest include:
- Obooko.com (for free ebooks)
- Kobo/Kindle/Nook/iBooks (The Big 4)
But how about finding the readers. Well i would definitely suggested looking into the major social media sites. Specific Sites I adore are:
- Blogger/Wordpress (for a personal website/blog)
- Library Thing
The more social accounts you have the more people you are potentially reaching! It's also good to have book and non-book conversations on these sites because you'll be networking and making friends. By the time, your next book comes out you will already have some many people you know your name. I would also suggest making a mailing list on MailChimp so you can let your readers know if you are attending special events and when your next book is out!